Ratio FreeDiver Helium-Safe 1000M Sapphire Automatic (1068HA96-34VA-BLU) | Bold, burly, bright
Colors are associated with the diver watches since long. Colored dials, colored bezels – now colored hands! It does basically the same thing; only not just for the first 15 or 20 minutes like most of the other dive watches. The highlighted hand with a separate color from the rest of the color scheme is something appreciable for pro-level divers as much as the urban guy who goes diving, surfing, spear fishing and likes during extended weekends and vacations.
Facts before figures
Even if you don’t have anything to do with the wild waters and prefer the stillness of a deep pool over raging turbidity and deep-ocean undercurrents, still the Ratio Free Diver Helium-Safe 1000M Sapphire Automatic 1068HA96-34VA-BLU will give you enough to admire and adore amidst a daily urban life. It will fit any situation between dates and the dentist’s; this peppy-looking, chunky watch is built strong and definitely looks its parts.
- The colored minutes hand is a great aid to keep track of the passage of time set for a specific task, which doesn’t necessarily have to be your dive time. It could be about tracking the parking meter; or finding out how much time you got in hand for completing a specific task; say, for the team meeting to begin or the project report that you need to finish.
- The Helium-release valve is an added functional piece that saves you from the pain of buying another watch if you want to go deep-sea diving someday instead of scuba or skin diving.
Figures define the watch
- Solid, 316L steel used for case and bracelet construction; machined from blocks instead of stamped plates. The material has a high corrosion resistance, which also makes it an ideal watch for places where you have to work with a lot of chemicals.
- The Ratio Free Diver Helium-Safe 1000M Sapphire Automatic 1068HA96-34VA-BLU has been designed to withstand 1469.59 lbs of pressure per square inch, which is the water pressure at 1000m deep. If you can withstand that kind of pressure under water, so will your watch. In an enclosed underwater vehicle, you can reach even greater depths and therefore, the Helium release valve.
- Seiko Caliber NH36 automatic movement is well-known for its ability to withstand physical shocks and great concussive forces.
- At 46mm across, visibility is never going to be an issue; more so for the bright-colored minute hand which stands out even when you are surrounded by murky waters. At 15mm tall, it hasd a formidable wrist presence while posing no problem slipping under your jacket’s cuff.
Should you buy it?
There’s no reason to dislike the Ratio Free Diver Helium-Safe 1000M Sapphire Automatic 1068HA96-34VA-BLU if you are even remotely related to water sports and them who want a big, sturdy watch to grab and go everywhere they like shall find it the best piece within the price range. Even if you are not a diver, you can always admire the technology that took men to the unknown realms at the depths of the ocean.