Ratio FreeDiver Helium-Safe 1000M Sapphire Automatic (1068HA96-34VA-GRN) | Built to dwell at Twilight’s final frontier
Commercial Saturation Diving is the ultimate goal for professional divers. Recreational divers, too; secretly long for it, for once at least, for the experience. The Ratio Free Diver Helium-Safe 1000M Sapphire Automatic (1068HA96-34VA-GRN) men’s watch takes care of every level of diving till 1000m deep, right to the Twilight or the Mesopelagic zone.
Facts before figures
Any extensive work in deep water requires living within pressurized, dry chambers for extensive periods; breathing artificial air. It’s the same in diving support vessels, underwater barges – even in submarines. The air pressure inside is always near/equivalent to the water pressure outside and is higher than what it’s like at the surface. You decompress once every month (if you are staying down there for many months at a stretch), which makes your more efficient for deep water-work. There’s great money; also great risks. The risks to your life; the risk of losing a limb (or two)!
Dives up to six hours nonstop in deep, extremely cold waters requires tracking time. It’s essential to maintain this sense of time. Establishing and following a chronological equilibrium is a proof of your general sanity. Tracking bottom time and decompression schedule correctly is essential when you are in a helium-rich atmosphere, safe from oxygen and nitrogen toxicity at depths,
The tiny molecules of helium – under pressure – sneak through seals and enter a watch, sometimes causing its crystal to literally burst off! The trapped helium molecules expand when decompression decreases the exterior pressure. The Helium-escape valve is their pathway to escape peacefully when you open it.
- Built for both everyday and professional use.
- Immune to all sorts of damages expected from splashes, rain and showers; bathing, swimming, snorkeling – in short, any water-related work or sports.
- Suitable for deep-sea fishing, surfing and sailing.
- Suitable for any marine professional or commercial saturation diver.
- The Ratio Free Diver Helium-Safe 1000M Sapphire Automatic (1068HA96-34VA-GRN) has a brightly colored dial, which makes it easy for others to detect you under the low lights in the deep.
Figures define the watch
- 316L stainless steel case is 46mm wide and 15mm thick, which is big enough to be a diver but smaller than many of its contemporaries.
- 1000m water resistance
- 120-click ratcheting bezel using the actual ratchet/pawl arrangement and not click-ball. The clustered grip on the bezel ensures a firm grip under wet conditions. The bezel is unidirectional to stop accidental rotations.
- A SII NH36 Day-Date automatic movement with 24 Jewels that runs for 40 Hours after wound fully.
Should you buy it?
Feel the goodness of a Seiko Sll NH36 movement enclosed in a beautifully built, tough yet peppy diver case! The Ratio Free Diver Helium-Safe 1000M Sapphire Automatic (1068HA96-34VA-GRN) watch has plenty oomph due to its great build quality using high-grade materials for its every component. A not-so-subtle watch offering a great value!