Ratio Free Diver Helium-Safe 1000M Sapphire Automatic (1068HA90-34VA-ORG) | Rock solid, good LUME
A trustworthy sub-aquatic instruments, a faithful companion to all your aquatic adventures, the Ratio Free Diver Helium-Safe 1000M Sapphire Automatic (1068HA90-34VA-ORG) is one of those you pack for a week at the beach. Even better, it matches with your swimsuit! You’ll like its no-nonsense approach and a great – almost retro look.
Not just for show! This tool is for use.
Facts before figures
- Improved and upgraded than its 200m predecessor. It’s almost a complete DNA change.
- Fits into any situation; from the pool to shoveling the driveway or in case there’s a lot of Sun, sand, surf, snow and ice.
- A bright pop of colour.
- Sturdy, inexpensive, accurate.
- Workhorse of a movement with its own shock protection system. The heavy-gauge stainless steel casing and tough crystal covering fortify it further. Comes with a solid reputation about reliability and easy service.
- Sapphire glass for that scratch-less new looks; even after years.
- Built for 1000m water resistance, it handles general abuse from an urban life very well; down deep, even better.
- Not as thick as most of the divers. Slides easily under your sleeves.
- The big bezel is a commanding feature; concave, with polished scallops at the edge that cut into the case till the end of the bezel. It is unidirectional and moves with firm clicks.
- There are two crown guards of two different sizes flowing out of the case; one for the time- and date setting, screw-down crown; the other one for the Helium-release valve.
- A solid, screw-in, curved case back offers better grip on the wrist.
Figures define the watch
- 21600 BPH automatic movement; Seiko NH36 caliber with 24 Jewels and forty one hours of power reserve.
- The automatic, self/manual winding movement incorporates the Etachron regulator system for finer regulation of time retardation and advancement rates to offer you maximum accuracy, adjusting to your need.
- 316L steel and silicone construction is inert to corrosive elements and extreme temperature variations. They are skin-friendly and tough at the same time. Unlike leather, it doesn’t soak or hold salt water between the strap and the skin.
- 1000M Water Resistance
Should you buy it?
The Ratio Free Diver Helium-Safe 1000M Sapphire Automatic (1068HA90-34VA-ORG) is a great watch, but considering the price it’s offered for, it’s an outstanding deal. It is in no way a rare watch but it is stout as hell and undeniably aggressive in its appearance. It’s quite monstrous (pun intended) to look at and represents an era that preceded the hockey-puck. Though very modern by its standards, it is still on the smaller end of the large watches. Its burliness never seems to be outrageous.