Ratio FreeDiver Helium-Safe 1000M Sapphire Automatic (1068HA90-34VA-GRN) | Peppy but professional
Every now and then, along an on-going quest for an affordable mechanical watch as good as on land as in water, we come across many but not too many independent brands. The Ratio FreeDiver Helium-Safe 1000M Sapphire Automatic (1068HA90-34VA-GRN) is an exception and a lot of fun for the serious diver or for someone trying to get into the pro-level circuits. At the end of the day, it is an affordable mechanical timepiece that suits your daily needs and also fits your budget.
Facts before figures
The Ratio FreeDiver Helium-Safe 1000M Sapphire Automatic (1068HA90-34VA-GRN) has a very distinctive look. Even though the black/steel uni-directional bezel is a commonly used color combo in diver’s watches, the green dial isn’t. The shape of the case and the lugs gives it an appearance of strength while the Black Silicon Strap creates a very solid impression. The buckle is pinned well into the strap ends and is very comfortable and can be operated very easily.
This is a watch meant for the deep, so there’s no luxury of a display back and therefore, no vulnerability from the backside. A curved, screw-in, engraved plate replaces the rear-window, strengthening it further against shocks and forces of nature. The sapphire at the front offers maximum resistance against concussive shocks and sharp edges, retaining its sparkle even after years.
- The case back has a domed shape, which allows it to sit with all its might upon your wrist. Those with a thinner than average wrist will also get a snug fit; since it covers a smaller area, exerting more binding force.
- The movement that used for the Ratio FreeDiver Helium-Safe 1000M Sapphire Automatic (1068HA90-34VA-GRN) is the Seiko caliber NH36. Tested and proven to be a load-bearing workhorse. With an NH36, it’s easier to stay fully wound up, potentially producing more accurate timekeeping.
- It has a manually-operated helium escape valve, a useful device to protect your watch when you are coming out of a pressurized chamber. Any gas that has accumulated under the glass shall make a safe exit through it instead of bursting the crystal out. You’ll need that often if you frequent 1000m deep often or more than that.
Figures define the watch
- 21600 BPH.
- 24 Jewels
- Power Reserve
- Etachron system for fine regulation.
- 316L steel and silicone construction. Inert to corrosive elements, both the steel and silicone got a good resistance to high and low-temperatures. Both are hypoallergenic, feel comfortable on the skin and tough beyond expectation. They are non-toxic, eco-friendly and cannot be deformed easily.
- 1000M Water Resistance
Should you buy it?
The Ratio FreeDiver Helium-Safe 1000M Sapphire Automatic (1068HA90-34VA-GRN) is a watch that’s highly technical and made for the pro-level divers and outdoorsmen. Still, it doesn’t look as much. Anyone enjoying that kind of a quite understatement is bound to fall in love with its green grandeur!