Ratio FreeDiver Helium-Safe 1000M Sapphire Automatic (1068HA90-34VA-BLK) | Dive hard, dive free!
Professional diving watches like this Ratio Free Diver Helium-Safe 1000M Sapphire Automatic (1068HA90-34VA-BLK) owe to the helium escape valve big time. It’s fitted with the purpose of protecting the watch (the glass and the case and thereby, every internal component; though indirectly) from damage by expanding helium atoms, the smallest natural gas particles that diffused into the watch, past the preventive seals, fit to prevent only larger molecules from ingress. Water, dust, mud, humidity, moisture, oils and acids are in the list.
Facts before figures
The helium enters watch once it’s in a Helium-saturated environment, like in a diving bell used for deep commercial diving, technical diving and advanced recreational diving . Spending an extended period of time under higher than normal air pressure (breathing mixture comprising more Helium than Nitrogen; to escape nitrogen poisoning) makes helium molecules build up inside a watch, which starts to recede with the external pressure going down. The built-up, pressurized helium inside the watch case, trying to escape fast, often blows the crystal right off the face of the watch. The speed at which that crystal might pop may blind your eye.
- A wonderful and elegant engineering for a highly specific performance under less than normal conditions.
- The presence of the Helium-release valve makes the Ratio Free Diver Helium-Safe 1000M Sapphire Automatic (1068HA90-34VA-BLK) more of a tool than just a mere timekeeping device.
- Can be used for caissons, diving chambers, moon pools and normal and wet submarines that can reach more than 1000m. The rating is provided for the maximum depth the watch can go under water without the help of any enclosed chamber.
Figures define the watch
- Pressure tested for 1000 meters underwater.
- 316L steel is any kind of corrosion and rust resistant.
- 47mm across and 15mm thick; the last thing you need to worry about is visibility under low light.
- Seiko Caliber NH36 is a workhorse movement, built to withstand high-intensity impacts and concussive shocks.
Should you buy it?
The Ratio Free Diver Helium-Safe 1000M Sapphire Automatic (1068HA90-34VA-BLK) is a watch that you can use as a daily wear; a go-to watch that’s sturdy and robust and also looks good, much better than any of the diver-styled watches from fashion brands costing a few times more. It goes without saying that the material and build quality are poles apart from what you get in these watches; even better than some of the real dive watches at the price point. To top it all, it is a diver watch that’s meant for professionals and people serious about any kind of water sports. Just take it as a watch that will suffice your basic needs!